What We Stand For
Nationalities Service Center (NSC) is a non-profit organization working to provide social, educational and legal services to immigrants and refugees in Philadelphia. We have a rich and proud history of serving immigrants and refugees living in the Delaware Valley since our founding in 1921. NSC is an affiliate of the United States Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI) and each year we work to resettle 440 refugees in Philadelphia. Our mission has been to help immigrants and refugees participate fully in American society. We implement our mission by meeting five main objectives:
- Protecting the legal rights of all immigrants
- Empowering immigrants and refugees, including the most vulnerable, on the path toward social adjustment
- Strengthening immigrant communities
- Advocating for fair and humane policies toward immigrants and refugees
- Promoting the value of diversity in the Philadelphia region
The Growing Home Gardens is a new type of program benefiting the city of Philadelphia by providing green space, community development and promoting diversity and integration. With nearly a century’s worth of experience in serving immigrants and refugees behind us, we are enthusiastic to meet new goals and challenges.
To learn more about our work, please visit us at www.nscphila.org and find out how you can support our mission.